Sunday, September 28, 2008

Difficult Times

I was watching on the news today about the new plan to get our country out of debt, and how taxpayers will bear the brunt of this. It makes my angry to think that the people we elect into office to care for our country and manage things are irresponsible with our money and then we have to pay to fix things. It makes me angry that just when I am trying to start out my life that I am going to pay extra because of mistakes made by another. My family is not wealthy, we have lived paycheck to paycheck for as long as I can remember. I don't have money saved for college, I'm depending entirely on whatever I will be able to get out of the FAFSA. I'm not saying this to get sympathy, it's just that this so-called solution is not going solve anything except to put more burden on the American Family. It's so easy to worry about this, I am tempted to almost every day, but I have to remember what God says about our needs: He will always provide. We just have to trust Him. We need to keep our country, this election and our finances in prayers each day and trust God to take care of these things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice Danielle! A very good reminder for all of us.